- What type of cover does Pet Insurance provide? >
- Is there anything that
isn’t covered? >
- How is my quote calculated? >
- Will the cost of my insurance change (increase) each year? >
- Are there any age limits? >
- What are the excesses I will have to pay, should I make a claim? >
- How do I claim? >
- What if I want to cancel? >
- Can I change my cover? >
- Can I pay by Direct Debit? >
- When does my vet fee
cover start? >
- What is a pre-existing condition? Is my pet covered for pre-existing conditions? >
- Is my pet covered if we travel abroad? >
What type of cover does Pet Insurance provide?
Cover offered falls into two categories:
12 month cover
The Silver and Gold policies offer 12 months cover. The pet will be covered up to the vets fee limit for up to 12 months from the first clinical signs of illness so long as the policy is renewed and premiums are paid up to date. If the pet still needs treatment for the condition after the 12 months have passed, they will not be covered.
Cover per condition
The Platinum policy offers cover for as long as your pet needs treatment up to the treatment limit as long the policy is renewed, the insurer is able to provide cover and premiums are paid up to date.
For Pet Insurance Shop Direct Finance Company acts as an introducer to BDML Connect Ltd who will arrange and administer the policy. (Registered No – 2785540). Payment is direct to BDML Connect Limited. Pet Insurance will be underwritten by Zenith Insurance PLC, Authorised Insurers, registered in Gibraltar No 84085. Registered Office: 846-848, Europort, Gibraltar. BDML Connect are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Zenith Insurance Plc are regulated by the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission and subject to a limited regulation by the Financial Services Authority in respect of underwriting insurance business in the UK (FSA Register Number 211787). www.fsa.gov.uk/Pages/register.