Protects against mechanical or electrical breakdown for up to 5 years including your manufacturer's warranty.
Straightforward call out service, no extra to pay.
An unlimited number of repairs, so getting your broken items fixed is really easy.
What services are provided
- Protects against mechanical or electrical
breakdown for up to 5 years including your manufacturer's warranty.
- Straight forward call out service, no extra to pay.
- An unlimited number of repairs.
- A replacement product* if your item can't be fixed.
*Of identical or equivalent specification.
- You can even spread the cost on your
What is excluded
- Loss, theft or damage to the item for any reason.
- Breakdown during the manufacturer's warranty.
- Breakdown caused by not following the manufacturer's instructions.
- Repairs carried out by people who aren't authorised by us or without our prior approval.
- Assistance with routine maintenance.
- Choose the item you want to buy and select your level of cover from the drop down menu.
- To protect an item you've already bought, log into My Account and go to My Messages. Find the message relating to your product and select Find out more. If you’d like to purchase the cover, simply Add to basket and Checkout as normal. Alternatively you can give us a call on 0844 822 4706.
- Something to keep in mind: You can only cover items you've bought from Littlewoods within the first 10 months of your purchase.
Even the most reliable products and brands can develop faults that lead to an electrical and/or mechanical breakdown. It is for this reason that major electrical retailers offer extended warranties in some form or another.
As your appliance gets older there is a higher likelihood that it could develop a fault and the Service Guarantee provides protection up to 5 years, giving you the peace of mind that you would not need to pay for repair or replacement in the event that your product develops a fault in this time. Service Guarantee does not include some situations, for example accidental damage, and any wilful act or neglect.
Please check your household insurance policy carefully to check what you are covered for. Typically it will not cover you for mechanical or electrical breakdown; with Service Guarantee, this is covered as standard.
Most manufacturer's offer 12 months guarantee against mechanical breakdown. With Service Guarantee you will be protected beyond the manufacturer's warranty and if we can't repair it then we will arrange a replacement.
Service Guarantee covers electrical products bought from us against mechanical and electrical failure, however it does not offer cover against accidental damage.
The Service Guarantee cost is a small amount to pay in relation to what you may have to pay a repair agent to fix your broken Product.
No, Service Guarantee will continue after you have had a repair and you can have unlimited repairs. The cover only ends if a replacement product is provided.
The process is very straightforward. One call and we'll arrange a call back from a repairer, to set up a convenient time to visit. If we can't repair it, we'll arrange for a replacement. Call-out, parts & labour charges are all covered and there are no forms to fill in. It couldn't be simpler!
The benefits offered under the Service Guarantee are in addition to your legal rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015. Under this Act, if the product you purchase is subsequently found to be defective then you will be entitled to a remedy such as a repair, a replacement or a refund. This legal right lasts for up to 6 years (5 years in Scotland). If the product proves defective in the first 30 days after purchase then you may reject the goods and request a full refund. Thereafter, you will be entitled to a repair or replacement but if those remedies are not possible then you can claim a full, or partial, refund depending on the age of the goods. Further information on your rights can be obtained from the Citizens Advice Consumer Helpline 03454 040506.
You can arrange to buy a warranty or service plan from insurers, utility companies, credit card companies, manufacturer's, some other retailers and specialist online providers, but they may not provide the same level of support or service as us.
You can cancel Service Guarantee at any time. During the manufacturer's warranty you'll get a full refund and after this time you will receive a refund based on the number of months left to run.
Need a little help?
Don't worry, get in touch on the number below