Terms and Conditions for this website
Before proceeding with an order you will be required to confirm that you agree to the following Terms and Conditions so we recommend that you print a copy for your future reference.
- 1. Ownership
- 1.1 This site is owned and operated by Shop Direct Home Shopping Limited. Our registered office is 1st Floor, Skyways House, Speke Road, Speke, Liverpool, L70 1AB.
- 1.2 All rights in this website are owned by us. Any unauthorised use, copying or modification is prohibited.
- 2. Ordering Goods
- 2.1 All orders placed through our website will be subject to our acceptance of the order.
- 2.2 When you submit an order to us on our website you will receive a 'bounce back' confirmatory email of this order saying that we are processing your order. You will then receive a second email from us acknowledging your order and giving you estimated timescales for delivery. You should check both emails for accuracy and let us know immediately if there are any errors. Neither of these emails constitute acceptance of the order by us. Your order will be accepted by us (and a contract will then be formed between us) when we despatch the goods to you. Title to the goods will pass to you on delivery.
- 2.3 Promotional codes are codes that enable customers to obtain benefits such as discounts, free delivery and free gifts. These codes are non-transferable so may only be used by the person to whom they are issued and must only be used in accordance with their terms and conditions of use. If you use a promotional code to claim a promotional benefit, you must first check that it was issued to you and that you are eligible to use it. By using it to claim a promotional benefit you will be confirming that:
- you are entitled to use the code;
- you meet all the conditions that apply to its use;
- you agree to the terms set out below.
- If, before accepting your order, we find that you are not entitled to use the code or do not meet all the terms and conditions of its use, we may reject your order or alternatively process it without the promotional benefit being applied. If, after accepting your order, we find that you were not entitled to use the code or did not meet all the terms and conditions of its use, we may reverse the benefit that you obtained. If you transacted on a cash basis e.g. by debit or credit card, we may take a further payment, equivalent to the value of the benefit obtained, from the card used. If you transacted on a credit basis, the value of the benefit obtained may be charged to your credit account.
- 2.4 Should you wish to cancel your order or return any goods, please go to the Returns section for further information.
- 2.5 Please note, you are responsible for all purchases made on your account and are personally liable for all the outstanding balance.
- 3. Processing your orders and payment
- 3.1 Whilst it is our intention to keep our website up to date and error free, product description or pricing errors may occur. If we discover such an error after you have submitted an order to us, we will contact you prior to accepting your order with the correct details. You may then either cancel your order or re-confirm it based on the correct information. If we are unable to contact you, we will treat your order as cancelled.
- 3.2 Payment may be taken (card transactions) or your account may be debited (credit transactions) at any time once you have placed your order.
- 3.3 All prices shown on our website are inclusive of VAT. Delivery charges are clearly highlighted throughout the site. For further information on delivery charges see the Delivery section.
- 4. Delivery
- 4.1 Some postal addresses in Northern Ireland, some offshore islands and some remote areas of Great Britain may not be covered by our delivery services and we may not be able to arrange delivery of some items to such addresses. You will be notified of this when you place your order.
- 4.2 Whilst we make every effort to deliver goods on the day we specify, we cannot guarantee delivery on that day or accept liability for deliveries made outside this timescale. This also applies to products sent direct from our manufacturers. We cannot accept liability for out of pocket expenses or other costs incurred due to failed or delayed deliveries.
- 4.3 All items are subject to stock availability.
- 4.4 When we deliver your items to you, you may be asked to sign for the goods to acknowledge that you have received them.
- 4.5 Please note that if you wish to return goods under our Approval Guarantee, you have 28 days from receipt of the goods to return them to us. For further information on returns, including your statutory right of cancellation, please see the Returns Policy in our website Help pages.
- 4.6 If an item is faulty please contact us and we will arrange an appropriate remedy.
- 4.7 We reserve the right to stop a delivery at any time, including after despatch, if we suspect that the transaction might be fraudulent.
- 6. General
- 6.1 The use of our site and any contracts formed are governed by English law.
- 6.2 All products are sold on the basis that they are for personal, domestic use only.
- 6.3 We shall not be responsible to you whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for incidental, special, indirect or consequential loss or damage, any loss of profit (direct or indirect), loss of sales, loss of goodwill or reputation, loss of business, third party claims, pure economic loss arising out of or in connection of the performance or non performance of our obligations under these terms and conditions including such damage as may be reasonably foreseeable at the date you order the goods.
- 6.4 Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or restrict our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
- 6.5 Our liability for any claim for loss or damage shall be limited to the sum paid by you for the goods.
- 6.6 A person who is not a party to these terms and conditions shall have no right to enforce any term under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- 6.7 If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court the invalidity or unenforceability of such provision shall not affect the other provisions of these terms and conditions.
- 6.8 We may assign or transfer any of our rights or sub contract any of our obligations under these terms and conditions to any third party.
- 6.9 You may not assign or transfer any of your rights or sub contract any of your obligations under these terms and conditions except with our specific permission in writing.
- 6.10 We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time and any such changes will be communicated on our website.
- 6.11 There are links on our website to third party websites which we believe may be of interest to you. We do not have any control over the content of these websites nor can we be liable in respect of anything contained on these websites.
- 6.12 These terms and conditions govern the entire trading relationship between you and ourselves and will remain in force for the duration of our trading relationship.
- 6.13 All intellectual property rights (including use of trade marks) shall be solely owned by us. You are permitted only to use material on this website as expressly authorised by us or our licensors.
- 6.14 Any unauthorised use of material on this site is strictly prohibited.
- 6.15 We will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any product or pricing information which we place on the site but we make no warranties (whether express or implied) in relation to the accuracy of such information).
- 6.16 These Terms and Conditions supersede all previous Terms and Conditions, representations, undertakings and agreements.
- 7. Copyright
- 7.1 We are the operators of this website, and the contents of it are either our property (or that of our affiliated companies) or are used under licence from our suppliers. We are the owners of the compilation of information in this website.
- 7.2 Our rights, and those of our affiliates and suppliers, are protected by UK, European, and International intellectual property laws, including those for the protection of copyrights, trademarks, and database rights. Misuse of this website may incur civil liability or attract criminal sanctions.
- 7.3 We grant you a limited, non-exclusive and revocable licence to access our website for the purposes of browsing our (or our affiliates) product offer(s), ordering goods or services from us (or our affiliates), or obtaining contact information for us (or our affiliates).
- 7.4 Your licence to access our website does not extend to any commercial use of our website, or to any use of our website whatsoever which is for the benefit of any commercial entity other than us (or our affiliates).
- 7.5 You are expressly not permitted to download any part of our site (other than by reason of automatic page caching), to amend or modify it or any part of it, to reproduce or copy, sell (including any resale), or otherwise exploit our website (or any part of it) for any purpose other than as set out above, nor are you permitted to frame our website or to link to any element of it other than the homepage.
- 7.6 You are permitted to link to our homepage, provided that the link is not misleading, false, derogatory, or otherwise prejudicial to our (or our affiliates) suppliers interests, but you are expressly not permitted to use any of our logos or graphics either as or in connection with such a link.
Getting the most from your account
Here is an explanation of key features that you will need to understand to make the most of your credit account.
If you have any questions or require further information on any aspect of your account, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0800 092 3444.
Spread the cost with affordable payments
Your account is to be used to buy products and services from us, or other businesses we deal with, through our catalogues and websites.
By adding any purchase to your account you can spread the cost over 20 weeks interest free.
We also offer longer payment terms, from 24 weeks to 364 weeks on selected items and transactions to make the payments for larger purchases more affordable. These longer payment terms can either be interest free or interest bearing. We will advise you at the time of purchase.
Buy now pay later
We regularly offer buy now pay later promotions (BNPL) and display details of these in our catalogues, on our websites and in our advertising.
To make the most of our BNPL offers, it is important that you understand how and when we charge interest on them and how they work. Some BNPL transactions do not charge interest for the deferred period, only the repayment period and some BNPL Transactions charge interest for both the deferred and repayment periods. The terms and conditions of a BNPL offer will be detailed at the time of the offer. The deferred payment period will begin at point of order (including for those items which are purchased on pre-order and/or are not ready for immediate dispatch).
You can avoid paying interest on any BNPL promotion if you choose to pay the full cash price of the relevant transaction and tell us you are doing so by calling 0800 092 3444 before the end of the deferred period or go online via My Account and target a payment specifically to your BNPL Transaction. The payment must clear the BNPL transaction cash price in full by the due date shown on your statement.
The alternative to paying off your transaction in full, is to spread the cost at the end of the deferred period.
We may from time to time offer you the option to refinance the outstanding balance of selected purchases and transactions on the account. These Repayment Plan offers will be interest bearing and may include a payment break or a service fee, all of which will be made clear to you when we make an offer. Full details of Repayment Plans can be found in the agreement.
You will receive a statement every 4 weeks, which will list your purchases, transactions, payments and returns during that 4 week statement period and tell you what your next minimum payment will be.
You must make at least the minimum payment by the date shown, which is currently 20 days after the date of the statement.
Your minimum payment will depend on the period over which you decide to purchase, and for longer payment terms, the interest rate that applies. It will include one fifth of the outstanding balance for each of your purchases made on 20 week interest free terms. If you buy using our longer interest free terms the minimum payment will also include an amount equal to the cost of the goods divided by the number of statement periods in the selected repayment term.
For instance, for purchases over 52 weeks, it will be the price of the goods divided by 13. For purchases on interest bearing terms, we calculate the full interest which will be payable over the chosen repayment term and add this to the cost of the goods. We then divide this total by the number of statement periods in the chosen term to produce the minimum payment for those purchases
Finally, your minimum payment will include any service charges (such as payment service charges, insurance premiums and any administration or default charges) applied to the account in that period.
We apply each payment to the different balances and transactions on your account in a particular order. As there are so many options on our account, there are a number of stages and permutations in how we do this. Full details are contained in the information sheet and in the agreement. We will provide this information to you if you are successful in your application.
We do have a right to vary the terms of the agreement, including interest rates, the payment due date and the way the minimum payment is calculated. We will give you advance notice of any change which isn’t to your benefit, so you can pay off the balance before it takes effect if you are unhappy.
We may put your statements and any other notices that we wish to send to you, or are required by law to send to you, such as notice of sums in arrears and notice of default sum, in Transaction History of My Account on our website (or such other secure electronic location as we may notify to you). We will send you an e-mail to let you know when we do this. You agree that you consent to receive statements and notices in this way. Statements and notices will remain in My Account for up to 12 months after posting. We recommend that you print off or save a copy and keep it secure.
What to do if you can’t make a payment
It is important you pay each minimum payment when it is due. If you don’t you will incur account charges. Details of these are set out in the information sheet and agreement. We know you don’t expect to miss any payments but sometimes things don’t go to plan, and we don’t want these charges to be a surprise if you do have a problem.
If you do ever think you will have a problem in making payments then please contact our team on 0800 092 3444. They understand that people can have difficulties from time to time and can help with a plan to deal with them.
It is especially important that you contact us early, as missing payments can have serious consequences, such as the transfer of an account to a debt collection agency or legal proceedings being taken. It may also affect your credit rating and make credit harder to obtain in future.
Changing your mind about your credit agreement
You can decide not to go ahead with the credit application at any time until the agreement is made, and even after the credit agreement has been made you’ll still have time to change your mind and withdraw. You get 14 days to withdraw beginning the day after the agreement is made. We treat the agreement as made when you sign it, or 14 days after you first take delivery of goods you have ordered and asked us to finance , if sooner. If you do decide to change your mind you should tell us as soon as possible by calling us on 0800 092 3444 or writing to Credit Support Team, Sandringham House, Sandringham Avenue, Chelmsford, CM92 1LE, or e-mailing email@example.com.
If you do withdraw after the agreement is made you will have to pay back any monies you have borrowed and all interest without delay, (within 30 days of withdrawing at the latest). If you cancel your application or with from the agreement, you’ll have to use other ways to pay for any goods that you have received (such as debit or credit card), unless you still have a legal right to send the goods back. Usually this will only be the case if either they are still covered by a home approval guarantee, or by statutory distance selling rights. You can find Information on these rights in our catalogues or website.
Shop Direct Finance Company Limited is a member of The Finance & Leasing Association (FLA), and subscribes to The FLA Lending Code. For more information on the Lending Code please visit www.fla.org.uk.
Administration and Default Charges
If you fall behind with your payments, we reserve the right to impose a charge to cover the cost of any action we may take. We will be entitled to debit your account with any costs incurred by us in respect of any missed or insufficient payment, including but not limited to dishonoured cheques, failed direct debit requests and recharged card payments. Payments received will be applied first in payment of insurance, interest and other charges as shown on the last statement and thereafter in the reduction of the current balance.
- Terms Transfer – We will charge the equivalent to the first 4 weekly payment due on the new plan
- Repayment Plan set up and reversal – We will charge up to £12
Default Charges - Charges are payable by you in respect of the following matters:
- If you make a payment via Paypoint or the Post Office - £1
- If you make payment by cheque – 25p
- You fail to make at least the minimum payment by the payment due date - £12
- For any letters, telephone calls or other (other than home visits) debt collection activity we undertake - £12
- Any cheque, direct debit or other item for payment into your account that is unpaid or dishonoured - £15
- Any court fees & costs incurred by us in pursuit of arrears
Terms & Conditions for a credit account
With Shop Direct Finance Company Limited, whose registered office is at Aintree Innovation Centre, Park Lane, Netherton, Bootle L30 1SL (the Creditor) and you.
- 1. Credit Limit: You will be notified of a credit limit upon successful application.
- 2. The credit under this agreement is running account credit and is to be used by you to purchase goods/services from retailers, outlets and brands agreed by us from time to time. We may debit your account on each occasion upon which you provide us with authority to do so, including verbal authority. This agreement is open ended and does not have a fixed duration.
- 3. You will be sent a statement every 28 days. The minimum payment due date will be shown on your statement and will be 20 days after the date of your statement.
- 4. Unless we notify you to the contrary, the cost of all goods purchased or transactions using the account may be repaid over 20 weeks. In addition, the option of repaying over longer periods on Extended Plans (as described in clause 12) or Repayment Plans (as described in clause 15) will apply to selected goods or transactions as notified to you from time to time.
- 5. The minimum payment due for each 4 week statement period will be shown on each statement. This minimum payment will be the total of all the individual payments over 20 weeks and the individual payments applicable to all purchases or transactions on Extended Plans or Repayment Plans (calculated as described in clause 6), plus any service charges (such as payment service charges, insurance premiums, Repayment Plan charges, terms transfer charges and any administration or default charges described below) charged to your account in that statement period.
- 6. The minimum payment due for all purchases or transactions over 20 weeks, Extended Plans and Repayment Plans will be the total amount payable (including interest) under the relevant plan divided by the number of 4 week periods in the plan (e.g. divided by 5 for a 20 week purchase or 13 for a 52 week plan).
- 7. If you wish you may pay weekly. If you do so the total payments made by you in each 4 week period, ending on the date on which the minimum payment shown on your statement is due, must equal that minimum payment.
- 8. For certain items we may ask you to make an additional payment to your account in relation to that item. This additional payment will not increase the price of the purchase. If this requirement applies we will determine and notify you of the amount and timing of the payment when you order the item.
9. Allocation of payments: Any payments made under this agreement will be applied in the following order. We may change this order for specific promotions and if we do so we will tell you when we give you details of the promotion:
All payments will be applied firstly in the following order;
- 1. Any Payment Protection Insurance premiums and then other insurance premiums (including, first, any arrears).
- 2. Any default charges and then any other charges (including, first, any arrears).
- 3. Any other arrears or overdue sums on the account.
If you have paid less than the minimum payment, we will then;
- 4. Repay the amount due for items on 20 week purchases, and if there is more than one item, we will apply to the oldest item first;
- 5. Repay the amount due on the shortest of your Extended Plans. If you have more than one plan of the same duration, we will apply payments to the plan with the highest interest rate first, and if there is more than one plan of equal duration and equal interest rate, we will apply payment to the oldest plan first;
- 6. Repay the amount due on the shortest of your Repayment Plans (excluding Repayment Plans on a payment break). If you have more than one plan of the same duration, we will apply payments to the plan with the lowest interest rate first, and if there is more than one plan of equal duration and equal interest rate, we will apply payment to the oldest plan first; or
If you have paid exactly the minimum payment, we will then;
- 4. Repay the part of the total minimum due in respect of 20 week purchases and the part of the total payment due in respect of Extended Plans and Repayment Plans pro rata; or
If you have paid more than the minimum payment, we will then;
- 4. Repay the part of the total minimum due in respect of 20 week purchases and the part of the total payment due in respect of Extended Plans and Repayment Plans pro rata;
- 5. Repay items on 20 week purchases, and if there is more than one item, we will apply to the oldest item first.
- 6. Repay the shortest of your Extended Plans. If you have more than one plan of the same duration, we will apply payments to the plan with the highest interest rate first, and if there is more than one plan of equal duration and equal interest rate, we will apply payment to the oldest plan first;
- 7. Repay the shortest of your Repayment Plans (excluding Repayment Plans on a payment break). If you have more than one plan of the same duration, we will apply payments to the plan with the highest rate first, and if there is more than one plan of equal duration and equal interest rate, we will apply payment to the oldest plan first;
- 8. If you make a payment that is more than the balance for all items (including new purchases) which require payment on the account, and also have a Repayment Plan or Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) items which are not yet due for payment, we will apply the excess payment towards that Repayment Plan or BNPL item (starting with the item which will next become due and if you have more than one item on the same due date we will repay the shortest of your Repayment Plans or BNPL items. If you have more than one plan of the same duration, we apply payments to the plan with the highest interest rate first, and if there is more than one of equal duration and equal interest rate, we will apply payment to the oldest plan first). If you have both Repayment Plan and BNPL items, we will apply payments towards Repayment Plan items before BNPL items.
If you have more than one agreement with us, then unless you notify us to the contrary, we may appropriate any payments received from you to sums due under this agreement or under any other agreement you have with us as we decide.
- 10. Total amount you will have to pay – Will be provided upon successful application. - Assuming you draw down your full credit limit in a single transaction and purchase over 20 weeks at 0% APR.
Costs of the credit
- 11. APR 0%
12. Interest Rates: In addition to drawing down to purchase items over 20 weeks at the standard rate of 0% we will from time to time offer different ways to drawdown to allow purchases or transactions to be repaid on Extended Plans or Repayment Plans over longer periods at different rates of interest. Extended Plans may be available for the purchase of goods (including BNPL Transactions as described in clause 13) and transfer of terms transactions (as described in clause 14). These Extended Plan and Repayment Plan periods may range from 24 weeks to 364 weeks, depending on the items purchased or type of transaction. We will advertise the length of the Extended Plan or Repayment Plan offered for specific purchases or transactions. The interest rates applicable to you to drawdowns on these Extended Plans or repayment plans will be notified to you, depending on you chosen plan and item purchased or transaction and currently are;
- On plans ranging from 24 weeks to 256 weeks 0% per annum, and any other interest rates will allocated upon successful account application and will be subject to account status.
- On plans ranging from 260 weeks to 364 weeks 0% per annum, and any other interest rates will allocated upon successful account application and will be subject to account status.
Rates quoted are on an annual percentage rate basis.
We may vary any one or more of these interest rates by giving at least 30 days notice under clause 20 below under Further Terms and Conditions.
We may introduce additional promotions on Extended Plans or Repayment Plans and will advertise the available interest rates and periods, and the items or transactions to which they apply, in such a way as we consider appropriate.
When an Extended Plan or Repayment Plan is interest bearing (including transfer of terms, but excluding BNPL Transactions) the total amount of interest payable under that plan will be charged to the account in full on the date the purchase or transaction is charged.
13. Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) Transactions: Selected purchases may be available on one of the following BNPL offers as published from time to time:
- 13.1 No interest during deferred payment period: The BNPL Transaction (cash balance plus interest for the repayment period only) will be due for payment on the first statement for which the payment due date occurs after the end of the deferred payment period. Once the deferred payment period has expired the BNPL Transaction will become liable for interest and payment. Interest will be calculated at the interest rate applicable to the specific BNPL promotion for the duration of the repayment period of the applicable Extended Plan, but not for the deferred payment period prior to the commencement of the repayment period of the applicable Extended Plan.
- 13.2 Interest accruing during deferred payment period: The BNPL Transaction (cash plus interest for the deferred and repayment periods) will be due for payment on the first statement for which the payment due date occurs after the end of the deferred payment period. Once the deferred payment period has expired the BNPL Transaction will become liable for interest and payment. Interest will be calculated at the interest rate applicable to the specific BNPL promotion from the date of order and will therefore be charged for the duration of the deferred payment period plus the repayment period applicable to the Extended Plan.
BNPL Transactions will be charged to the account in full (cash balance plus interest) on the date of order. For all BNPL Transactions, if you pay the cash price of your BNPL Transaction before the expiry of the deferred payment period you will not be required to pay any interest on the BNPL Transaction. The total amount (including interest) owing under a BNPL Transaction will be deducted from your credit limit when we calculate the amount you have left to spend.
- 14. We may from time to time allow you or offer you the option to transfer purchases between 20 weeks, Extended Plans, BNPL and promotional offers. A charge may be payable for a transfer, in accordance with clause 16.
15. Repayment Plan: We may from time to time allow you or offer you the option to refinance the outstanding balance of specific purchases and transactions on your account on one of the following Repayment Plans. A charge may be payable, in accordance with clause 16:
- 15.1 Repayment Plan with no payment break: The amount being refinanced under the Repayment Plan plus interest for the period of the Repayment Plan will be repaid over the agreed number of weeks, commencing from the next statement.
- 15.2 Repayment Plan with payment break: The agreed payment break will commence from the date of the next statement, and after the end of the payment break the amount being refinanced under the Repayment Plan plus interest for the period of the Repayment Plan (including the payment break) will be repaid over the agreed number of weeks
For all Repayment Plans the total amount (including interest) owing will be deducted from your credit limit when we calculate the amount you have left to spend.
16. Administration charges are payable by you in respect of the following matters:
- Terms Transfer (clause 14) – We will charge the equivalent to the first 4 weekly payment due on the new plan.
- Repayment Plan set up and reversal (clause 15) – We will charge up to £12
- If you make a payment via Paypoint or the Post Office – £1
- If you make payment by cheque – 25p
- You fail to make at least the minimum payment by the payment due date - £12
- For any letters, telephone calls or other (other than home visits) debt collection activity we undertake - £12
- Any cheque, direct debit or other item for payment into your account that is unpaid or dishonoured - £15
- Any court fees & costs incurred by us in pursuit of arrears
We reserve the right to vary these (or introduce new charges) at any time in accordance with clause 20 below under Further Terms and Conditions.
- 17. Missing payments could have severe consequences, such as court proceedings being taken and judgement being enforced against you. It may make obtaining credit more difficult. We may also transfer your account to a debt collection agency.
Further Terms and Conditions
- 18 Under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 you have the right to sue the supplier, us or both if you have received unsatisfactory goods or services paid for under this agreement costing more than £100 and less than £30,000.
- 19. You have the right to pay the balance of this credit agreement in full or in part under Section 94 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. If you wish to do this you must give notice to us before payment is made by contacting us on; telephone number 0800 092 3444, e-mail creditagreements@shop direct.com or in writing to Shop Direct Finance Company Limited, Customer Support Team, Sandringham House, Sandringham Avenue, Chelmsford, CM92 1LE.
20. We reserve the right to vary the terms of this agreement at any time to reflect:
- changes in applicable laws or regulation;
- changes to our systems;
- changes in market conditions affecting our business;
- new developments in products, technology or other changes in lending practices;
- additional, enhanced or revised product features;
- new promotional offers;
- changes in your personal circumstances;
- changes which in our view effect your credit status.
We will give you 30 days written notice of the variation, where any such change is not to your benefit. You may end this agreement by giving by giving us notice and paying us the full outstanding balance before that change takes effect.
- 21. We may vary the credit limit from time to time. You may request us to increase or reduce your credit limit at any time, and we shall consider such request, but we may agree or decline at our discretion. We may at any time restrict or suspend the availability of credit to you, but would usually only do so if we believe that you may not repay the balance, suspect fraudulent use of the account or believe any events in clause 23 has or is likely to occur. You must not exceed your credit limit, and if you do so you must repay the excess to us on demand.
- 22. Either you or us may terminate this agreement. If you terminate the agreement you must give at least 7 days written notice by contacting us at the address specified in clause 19 and you must immediately pay the full outstanding balance to us. If we terminate the agreement we will give you at least 2 months notice unless an event mentioned in clause 22 has occurred. You must repay the full outstanding balance to us on demand.
23. We may demand immediate repayment of the full outstanding balance and/or terminate the agreement and or suspend your right to use the account if:
- you fail to pay the minimum payment by the due date;
- you exceed your credit limit;
- you become bankrupt, enter into a voluntary arrangement or make proposals for reduced payments;
- you have provided any false or misleading information on which we have relied;
- you breach any of the terms of this agreement in a way which we reasonably believe to be material;
- we believe the account is being used fraudulently or for an illegal purpose.
If we terminate the agreement you will be liable to pay us the full outstanding balance and any other sums due to us under it. The outstanding balance for all purposes of this agreement will include all sums due on the account (current balance) together with all amounts due for payment on your account at any time in the future, less any rebate to which you may be entitled under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.
- 24. If you have failed to pay us any amount you owe under this agreement, we may use any money we owe you (whether under or in relation to this agreement, or in any other way) to reduce or repay the amount you owe us. This is called a right of “set off”. We can use our set off right without telling you in advance.
- 25. We may transfer any or all of our rights, duties and obligations under this agreement, or arrange for any other person to carry them out on our behalf, without giving notice to you. Any such transfer will not effect your rights under this agreement, or any other legal rights you may have, such as under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. You may not transfer your rights, duties or obligations under this agreement.
- 26. This agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales, which we also take as applying prior to the making of this agreement.
- 27. All communications in relation to this agreement will be in English.
- 28. We may put your statements and any other notices that we wish to send to you, or are required by law to send to you, such as notice of sums in arrears and notice of default sum, in the Transaction History of My Account on our website (or such other secure electronic location as we may notify to you). We will send you an e-mail to let you know when we do this. You agree that you consent to receive statements and notices in this way. Statements and notices will remain in My Account for up to 12 months after posting. If you wish to obtain a copy of any statement or notice after it has been received, we may charge you for supplying it in accordance with our practice at that time. We would therefore recommend that you print off a copy and keep it secure.
- 29. If we temporarily relax any terms of this agreement e.g. allowing you more time to pay, we may strictly enforce those terms again at any time.
- 30. If any term of this agreement is unenforceable for any reason, it shall not affect the enforceability of any other term of this agreement.
- 31. You must notify us in writing of any change of your address within seven days of such change.
32. You have the right to withdraw from this agreement under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. This right of withdrawal ends on the expiry of fourteen calendar days beginning with the day after the agreement is concluded. You can withdraw from this agreement by contacting us as specified in clause 19.
If you intend to withdraw you must repay any credit and any accrued interest without delay and no later than 30 calendar days after giving the notice to withdraw. Upon request we can advise you of the amount of interest you will be charged per day. You must still pay for any goods you have bought under this agreement, unless you have a separate right to return them, such as under a home approval guarantee or statutory distance selling rights. You should not use any goods you have purchased using credit under this agreement if you plan to return and you should keep them safe (legal action may be taken against you if you do not take proper care of them). You can make payment by contacting us as specified in clause 18 or you can go online.
- 33. If you are not satisfied with any aspect of this agreement then write to: Shop Direct Finance Company Limited, Customer Excellence, Sandringham House, Sandringham Avenue, Chelmsford, CM92 1LQ. If you have complained to us and we have been unable to resolve your complaint you may then refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR. Telephone 0800 023 4567 or 0300 0123 9123. www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk. You can view a copy of our Complaints Procedure on the website. Following our complaints procedure does not affect your right to take legal action.
- 34. The regulatory authority for consumer credit agreements is the Financial Conduct Authority, 12 Endeavour Square, London, E20 1JN.
- 35. Reference in this agreement to “you” and “your” are to the Customer named on the agreement. References to “us” and “we” are to the Creditor named above, and include any other party to whom our rights and/or liabilities under this agreement may be transferred.
- 36. Shop Direct Home Shopping Limited, 1st Floor, Skyways House, Speke Road, Speke, Liverpool, L70 1AB are the credit intermediary for this agreement.
- 37. We are required to inform you that there is a possibility that other taxes or costs may exist during the currency of this agreement that are not paid via us or charged by us under this agreement.
Delay Payments for 12 months with Buy Now Pay Later when you spend £50 or more
Interest is calculated and compounded daily at a typical rate of 44.9% per annum for the delayed payment period and repayment period and is charged to your account at date of order as a lump sum.
Remember, avoid paying all interest by paying the cash price before the end of the delayed payment period. This can be done in one full payment or multiple partial payments.
What is Buy Now Pay Later?
Buy Now Pay Later is an interest bearing option that allows you to delay payments on your purchases for up to 12 months. The delayed payment period starts from the date of order (including pre-ordered items and those not ready for immediate dispatch).
You can choose:
A delayed payment period of 12 months and then a repayment period of 104 weeks when you spend £50 or more.
A delayed payment period of 12 months and then a repayment period of 156 weeks when you spend £99 or more.
How interest is calculated?
Interest will be charged for the delayed payment period and the chosen repayment period.
Interest is calculated and compounded daily at a typical rate of 44.9% per annum for the delayed payment period and repayment period and is charged to your account at date of order as a lump sum. This calculation factors in the planned payments that are requested during the repayment period. Your interest rate is personal to you and will be detailed in checkout.
How to avoid paying interest?
You can avoid paying all interest for both periods by paying the cash price before the end of the delayed payment period. This can be done in one full payment or multiple partial payments.
Making partial payments may result in a portion of the lump sum of compound interest being refunded at the end of the delayed payment period.
Remember if you choose not to pay the full cash price before the end of the delayed payment period any outstanding balance plus the lump sum of compound interest applied at the date of order will become payable.
How do I make a Buy Now Pay Later payment?
To make a full or partial payment simply log into My Account, choose "Make a payment", select "Pay Buy Now Pay Later" and allocate your payment to the specific item(s) you wish to pay off. Alternatively, you can call us.
What happens after the delayed payment period?
If you have not made any payments towards your Buy Now Pay Later, the outstanding balance plus the lump sum of compound interest will be payable across your chosen repayment period. This will now be included in your account minimum payment request each month.
If you have made partial payments, but not cleared the full cash price before the end of the delayed payment period, the outstanding balance plus a reduced lump sum of compound interest will become payable. The repayment amount agreed for the repayment period will remain the same, meaning the repayment period may be shorter than originally agreed.
If you have paid the cash price in full before the end of the delayed payment period, you will not pay any interest.
What is excluded from Buy Now Pay Later?
The costs for delivery, installation services and any warranty and insurance products cannot be placed on Buy Now Pay Later. Buy Now Pay Later availability is subject to your credit and account status.
Do I still have to pay my minimum payment?
Yes, allocating payments to Buy Now Pay Later will not cover the minimum payment for your Littlewoods account. If you have a non-Buy Now Pay Later balance on your Littlewoods account, you will still need to make at least your minimum payment as shown on your statement.