Terms and Conditions for this website
Before proceeding with an order you will be required to confirm that you agree to the following Terms and Conditions so we recommend that you print a copy for your future reference.
- 1. Ownership
- 1.1 This site is owned and operated by Shop Direct Home Shopping Limited. Our registered office is 1st Floor, Skyways House, Speke Road, Speke, Liverpool, L70 1AB.
- 1.2 All rights in this website are owned by us. Any unauthorised use, copying or modification is prohibited.
- 2. Ordering Goods
- 2.1 All orders placed through our website will be subject to our acceptance of the order.
- 2.2 When you submit an order to us on our website you will receive a 'bounce back' confirmatory email of this order saying that we are processing your order. You will then receive a second email from us acknowledging your order and giving you estimated timescales for delivery. You should check both emails for accuracy and let us know immediately if there are any errors. Neither of these emails constitute acceptance of the order by us. Your order will be accepted by us (and a contract will then be formed between us) when we despatch the goods to you. Title to the goods will pass to you on delivery.
- 2.3 Promotional codes are codes that enable customers to obtain benefits such as discounts, free delivery and free gifts. These codes are non-transferable so may only be used by the person to whom they are issued and must only be used in accordance with their terms and conditions of use. If you use a promotional code to claim a promotional benefit, you must first check that it was issued to you and that you are eligible to use it. By using it to claim a promotional benefit you will be confirming that:
- you are entitled to use the code;
- you meet all the conditions that apply to its use;
- you agree to the terms set out below.
- If, before accepting your order, we find that you are not entitled to use the code or do not meet all the terms and conditions of its use, we may reject your order or alternatively process it without the promotional benefit being applied. If, after accepting your order, we find that you were not entitled to use the code or did not meet all the terms and conditions of its use, we may reverse the benefit that you obtained. If you transacted on a cash basis e.g. by debit or credit card, we may take a further payment, equivalent to the value of the benefit obtained, from the card used. If you transacted on a credit basis, the value of the benefit obtained may be charged to your credit account.
- 2.4 Should you wish to cancel your order or return any goods, please go to the Returns section for further information.
- 2.5 Please note, you are responsible for all purchases made on your account and are personally liable for all the outstanding balance.
- 3. Processing your orders and payment
- 3.1 Whilst it is our intention to keep our website up to date and error free, product description or pricing errors may occur. If we discover such an error after you have submitted an order to us, we will contact you prior to accepting your order with the correct details. You may then either cancel your order or re-confirm it based on the correct information. If we are unable to contact you, we will treat your order as cancelled.
- 3.2 Payment may be taken (card transactions) or your account may be debited (credit transactions) at any time once you have placed your order.
- 3.3 All prices shown on our website are inclusive of VAT. Delivery charges are clearly highlighted throughout the site. For further information on delivery charges see the Delivery section.
- 4. Delivery
- 4.1 Some postal addresses in Northern Ireland, some offshore islands and some remote areas of Great Britain may not be covered by our delivery services and we may not be able to arrange delivery of some items to such addresses. You will be notified of this when you place your order.
- 4.2 Whilst we make every effort to deliver goods on the day we specify, we cannot guarantee delivery on that day or accept liability for deliveries made outside this timescale. This also applies to products sent direct from our manufacturers. We cannot accept liability for out of pocket expenses or other costs incurred due to failed or delayed deliveries.
- 4.3 All items are subject to stock availability.
- 4.4 When we deliver your items to you, you may be asked to sign for the goods to acknowledge that you have received them.
- 4.5 Please note that if you wish to return goods under our Approval Guarantee, you have 28 days from receipt of the goods to return them to us. For further information on returns, including your statutory right of cancellation, please see the Returns Policy in our website Help pages.
- 4.6 If an item is faulty please contact us and we will arrange an appropriate remedy.
- 4.7 We reserve the right to stop a delivery at any time, including after despatch, if we suspect that the transaction might be fraudulent.
- 6. General
- 6.1 The use of our site and any contracts formed are governed by English law.
- 6.2 All products are sold on the basis that they are for personal, domestic use only.
- 6.3 We shall not be responsible to you whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for incidental, special, indirect or consequential loss or damage, any loss of profit (direct or indirect), loss of sales, loss of goodwill or reputation, loss of business, third party claims, pure economic loss arising out of or in connection of the performance or non performance of our obligations under these terms and conditions including such damage as may be reasonably foreseeable at the date you order the goods.
- 6.4 Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or restrict our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
- 6.5 Our liability for any claim for loss or damage shall be limited to the sum paid by you for the goods.
- 6.6 A person who is not a party to these terms and conditions shall have no right to enforce any term under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- 6.7 If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court the invalidity or unenforceability of such provision shall not affect the other provisions of these terms and conditions.
- 6.8 We may assign or transfer any of our rights or sub contract any of our obligations under these terms and conditions to any third party.
- 6.9 You may not assign or transfer any of your rights or sub contract any of your obligations under these terms and conditions except with our specific permission in writing.
- 6.10 We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time and any such changes will be communicated on our website.
- 6.11 There are links on our website to third party websites which we believe may be of interest to you. We do not have any control over the content of these websites nor can we be liable in respect of anything contained on these websites.
- 6.12 These terms and conditions govern the entire trading relationship between you and ourselves and will remain in force for the duration of our trading relationship.
- 6.13 All intellectual property rights (including use of trade marks) shall be solely owned by us. You are permitted only to use material on this website as expressly authorised by us or our licensors.
- 6.14 Any unauthorised use of material on this site is strictly prohibited.
- 6.15 We will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any product or pricing information which we place on the site but we make no warranties (whether express or implied) in relation to the accuracy of such information).
- 6.16 These Terms and Conditions supersede all previous Terms and Conditions, representations, undertakings and agreements.
- 7. Copyright
- 7.1 We are the operators of this website, and the contents of it are either our property (or that of our affiliated companies) or are used under licence from our suppliers. We are the owners of the compilation of information in this website.
- 7.2 Our rights, and those of our affiliates and suppliers, are protected by UK, European, and International intellectual property laws, including those for the protection of copyrights, trademarks, and database rights. Misuse of this website may incur civil liability or attract criminal sanctions.
- 7.3 We grant you a limited, non-exclusive and revocable licence to access our website for the purposes of browsing our (or our affiliates) product offer(s), ordering goods or services from us (or our affiliates), or obtaining contact information for us (or our affiliates).
- 7.4 Your licence to access our website does not extend to any commercial use of our website, or to any use of our website whatsoever which is for the benefit of any commercial entity other than us (or our affiliates).
- 7.5 You are expressly not permitted to download any part of our site (other than by reason of automatic page caching), to amend or modify it or any part of it, to reproduce or copy, sell (including any resale), or otherwise exploit our website (or any part of it) for any purpose other than as set out above, nor are you permitted to frame our website or to link to any element of it other than the homepage.
- 7.6 You are permitted to link to our homepage, provided that the link is not misleading, false, derogatory, or otherwise prejudicial to our (or our affiliates) suppliers interests, but you are expressly not permitted to use any of our logos or graphics either as or in connection with such a link.
Getting the most from your account
Here is an explanation of key features that you will need to understand to make the most of your credit account.
If you have any questions or require further information on any aspect of your account, please email us on email@example.com or call us on 0800 092 3444.
Explanation of the Littlewoods Account
The Littlewoods Account is designed for consumers who wish to purchase goods and services from Littlewoods and spread the cost of those purchases.
It is a running credit account requiring regular payment so it will not be suitable for consumers with no disposable income or those who are likely to experience significant periods without any disposable income.
If you open a Littlewoods Account, you will be given a credit limit. This is the maximum amount you can borrow to make purchases from Littlewoods.
The interest rate on the Standard Facility is 0% so no interest is charged on Standard Facility transactions.
When you open your account, you will also be issued with a Standard Interest Rate for Extended Plans and Buy Now Pay Later Plans (BNPL Plans). This rate will apply to any such Plans we offer you unless a lower interest rate applies which will be communicated to you in the Plan offer. The Standard Interest Rate for Extended Plans and BNPL Plans is variable meaning it can be changed subject to you being given at least thirty days’ prior notice. If the interest rate is increased you will be charged more interest on future transactions and if it is decreased you will be charged less interest. Further details about when such variation may occur can be found in the Credit Agreement.
All goods and services sold by Littlewoods can be purchased interest free using the Standard Facility, which allows you to pay for your purchases over 20 weeks by making 5 consecutive payments which are requested every 28 days.
For example, for a single £80 transaction, you would be required to make 5 payments of £16 every 28 days.
Certain transactions may be offered on an Extended Plan, which requires you to pay a fixed instalment amount every 28 days for the duration of the Plan. The Plan may be interest free or interest bearing, full details will be included in the Plan offer.
If the Extended Plan is interest bearing, interest is calculated for the full duration of the Plan on the assumption that all the instalments will be paid on time. This lump sum of interest is added to the cost of the transaction and this total (the total amount payable) is divided by the number of instalments in the Plan to determine the instalment amount. If you pay the Plan off early, you will not benefit from any reduction in the interest charge.
The total amount owing under an Extended Plan, including interest, will be deducted from your credit limit when we calculate the amount you have left to spend.
As plans require you to pay a fixed amount every month, they may help you to budget for those higher value purchases.
Buy Now Pay Later Plans (BNPL Plans)
BNPL Plans allow you to delay paying for certain transactions for up to 52 weeks.
BNPL Plans are usually interest bearing and the interest rate will be stated in the Plan offer. Interest is charged for the full duration of the Plan, over both the delayed payment period and the repayment period, on the assumption that no payment is made during the delayed payment period and all instalments will be paid on time during the repayment period. This lump sum of interest is added to the cost of the transaction and this total (the total amount payable) is charged to the account in full immediately. To determine the instalment amount the total amount payable is divided by the number of instalments in the repayment period. The interest charge is compounded every 28 days for the full duration of the Plan, which means you will be charged interest on interest.
The total amount owing under a BNPL Plan, including interest, will be deducted from your credit limit when we calculate the amount you have left to spend.
You can avoid paying any interest on your BNPL Plan by paying off the full cost of the transaction before the end of the delayed payment period. You can do this by making a single payment or by making multiple partial payments at any time during the delayed payment period. If you have made some payments during the delayed payment period but do not pay the full cost of the transaction this will result in a portion of the interest charged being refunded within 28 days after the end of the delayed payment period. The amount of this refund will be the interest charged in the delayed payment period on the total amount of the partial payment(s) made in the delayed payment period. For example if you repay £100 in the delayed payment period, we will refund all the interest charged on the £100. When interest is refunded, the instalment amount in the repayment period stays the same which may result in a reduction in the number of instalments and/or a reduction in the amount of the final instalment. If you pay the Plan off early during the repayment period, you will not benefit from any reduction in the interest charge.
Here are examples of how different payment approaches can affect the overall cost of a BNPL Plan based on a £250 transaction with a 52 week delayed payment period and a repayment period of 104 weeks at a typical interest rate of 44.9% per annum, meaning the interest charge is £270.45, and the total amount payable is £520.45:
- 1. If no payment is made in the delayed payment period then the interest charge of £270.45 applies.
- 2. If a single payment of £250 is made during the delayed payment period then the full interest charge of £270.45 will be refunded.
- 3. If ten payments each of £25 (totalling £250) are made during the delayed payment period then the full interest charge of £270.45 will be refunded.
- 4. If a single payment of £120 is made at any time during the delayed payment period then £177.40 interest will be refunded leaving a total amount left to pay over the repayment period of £223.05.
- 5. If six payments, each of £20 (totalling £120), are made at any time during the delayed payment period then £177.40 interest will be refunded leaving a total amount left to pay over the repayment period of £223.05.
If you want to make payment to a BNPL Plan, you must allocate your payment to that specific BNPL Plan. You can do this online in My Account by finding the specific BNPL Plan and making payment to it or by phoning us and telling our advisor which BNPL Plan you wish to make your payment to.
Every 28 days you will be required to make at least the minimum payment, which will be the total payment due for transactions on the Standard Facility, plus any instalments due on Extended Plans and BNPL Plans, plus any insurance premiums, payment default charges or payment processing charges that are due. If you have any arrears, they will also be included in the minimum payment.
If you make your account payments at a Post Office or through PayPoint you will incur a £1 payment processing charge for each payment you make which will be added to your account balance.
Any payments you make, apart from payments that you allocate to BNPL Plans, are applied to your account balance in accordance with the payment allocation rules, which are shown in your Credit Agreement and on the reverse of your account statements. These rules are important as they affect the amount of interest you will be charged.
If you fail to pay at least the minimum payment by the payment due date shown on your statement, we will apply payment default charges to your account. We may charge £12 for a minimum payment not being made or for it being made late; £12 for collections activity we undertake such as debt collection letters and phone calls and £15 for any unpaid or dishonoured payment such as a failed direct debit payment or rejected cheque payment.
Failing to maintain your repayments may result in your account being suspended or your credit limit being reduced so that you cannot make any more purchases using it. We may also restrict you from receiving any further Extended Plan or BNPL Plan offers.
Missing payments can have other serious consequences such as the transfer of your account to a debt collection agency or legal proceedings being taken against you. It may also impact adversely on your credit rating making it harder for you to obtain credit in future.
Withdrawing from your Credit Agreement
You have the right to withdraw from your Credit Agreement, without giving a reason for doing so. This right to withdraw starts the day after the agreement is made and lasts for fourteen days. You can exercise this right by calling us on 0800 092 3444 or by writing to Credit Support Team, Sandringham House, Sandringham Avenue, Chelmsford, CM92 1LE, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do withdraw, you will still have to repay the account balance plus any accrued interest. You must do this without delay and within thirty days of your withdrawal at the latest.
Variation of your Credit Agreement
We may vary the terms of your agreement including the Standard Interest Rate applicable to Extended Plans and BNPL Plans. We will give you at least thirty days’ notice of any change which is not to your benefit so that, if you are not happy with the change, you can pay off the balance before the change takes effect.
Further details about when such variation may occur can be found in the Credit Agreement.
If you have got any questions or require further information on any aspect of the Littlewoods Account please feel free to call us on 0800 092 3444 or email us at email@example.com.
Shop Direct Finance Company Limited is a member of The Finance & Leasing Association (FLA), and subscribes to The FLA Lending Code. For more information on the Lending Code please visit www.fla.org.uk.
Shop Direct Finance Company Limited. Registered number 4660974. Registered office: Aintree Innovation Centre, Park Lane, Netherton, Bootle, L30 1SL. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Terms & Conditions for a credit account
With Shop Direct Finance Company Limited, whose registered office is at Aintree Innovation Centre, Park Lane, Netherton, Bootle L30 1SL (the Creditor) and you.
- 1. Credit Limit: You will be notified of a credit limit upon successful application
- 2. Nature of Account and Duration: this agreement is for running account credit. You may use it to pay for goods, services and digital products from retailers, outlets and brands agreed by us from time to time and for such other purposes as we may communicate to you. We may debit your account whenever you authorise us to do so, including verbally. This agreement is open ended and does not have a fixed duration.
- 3. Account Options: your account combines a number of different purchase options to offer you flexibility in using your account. Some of these options may be offered to you at our discretion when you make a particular purchase. The account options are:
- a) Your Standard Facility: which is available for all transactions. It allows you to pay off your transactions interest free over a duration of 20 weeks. The amount due for payment every 28 days (4 weeks) will be the total cost for each transaction divided by 5.
- b) Extended Plans: we may from time to time offer you the option to pay for transactions over a longer period using an Extended Plan. The duration of the Plan will be between 24 and 260 weeks. You will be required to pay an Extended Plan instalment every 28 days. The amount of the instalment will be based on the cost of the transaction plus interest (if applicable) calculated at the fixed interest rate, spread over the duration of the Plan. The cost of the transaction plus the full interest charge will be charged to your account immediately. The instalment amount for Extended Plans will be the total amount payable, under the Plan, including interest, divided by the number of weeks in the Plan, multiplied by 4. The final instalment amount will be the balance then outstanding, which may differ slightly from the previous instalment amounts. The applicable interest rate, Plan duration and the equivalent weekly instalment amount will be provided to you in the Plan offer. The interest rate applied will either be the Extended Plan Standard Interest Rate or a lower interest rate and is fixed for the lifetime of the Plan. If you pay the Plan off early you will not benefit from any refund of the interest charge.
- c) Buy Now Pay Later Plans (BNPL Plans): selected transactions may be offered on a BNPL Plan as published from time to time. BNPL Plans will have a delayed payment period of up to 52 weeks (depending on the offer) from the date of order. You will not have to make any payments during this delayed payment period. At the end of the delayed payment period the BNPL Plan will be repayable in fixed instalments every 28 days over a repayment period. The repayment period will usually be 104 or 156 weeks, but other repayment periods may be offered. The amount of the instalment will be based on the cost of the transaction plus interest, calculated at the fixed interest rate and compounded daily, over the full duration of the Plan, i.e. over both the delayed payment period and the repayment period. The cost of the transaction plus the full interest charge will be charged to your account on the date of order. The interest rate applying to the BNPL Plan will either be the BNPL Plan Standard Interest Rate or a lower interest rate. In addition, different interest rates may apply for the delayed payment period and the repayment period. The applicable interest rate, the duration of both the delayed payment period and repayment period, and the equivalent weekly instalment amount will be provided to you in the BNPL Plan offer. The BNPL Plan will be due for payment on the first statement due date on or after the end of the delayed payment period. The 28 day instalment amount for a BNPL Plan will be the total amount payable, including interest, under the BNPL Plan divided by the number of weeks in the repayment period of the BNPL Plan. The final instalment amount will be the balance then outstanding, which may differ slightly from the previous instalment amounts.
- If you pay the cost of your transaction in full before the end of the delayed payment period you will not be required to pay any interest on the BNPL Plan. This can be done in one full payment or by making multiple partial payments. If you make any partial payments during the delayed payment period but do not repay the full transaction cost a refund of interest will be applied to your account within 28 days after the end of the delayed payment period. The amount of this refund will be all the interest charged on the total amount of the partial payment(s) made in the delayed payment period. When interest is refunded the instalment amount in the repayment period stays the same which may result in a reduction in the number of instalments and/or in the amount of the final instalment. If you pay the BNPL Plan off early, after the end of the delayed payment period, you will not benefit from any refund of the interest charge.
- d) Balance Transfer Facility: we may from time to time offer you the option to transfer transactions between the various repayment options on your account as detailed in this clause.
- 4. Statement and Due Date: you will be sent a statement every 28 days if there is a payment due to be made. The statement will set out the minimum payment due for that 28 day period. The due date for payment will be 20 days after the date of your statement and we will notify you of the payment due date with each statement.
- 5. Minimum Payment: the minimum payment due every 28 days will be the amount notified to you and shown on your statement. This will be the total of any of the following that apply to your account plus any arrears:
- a) All payments due on transactions made using the Standard Facility.
- b) If you have any Extended Plans or BNPL Plans, any instalments due on them.
- c) Any insurance premiums due.
- d) Any applicable payment service charge.
- e) Any default charges due.
- You may pay more if you wish to do so. If you wish you may pay weekly. If you do so the total payments made by you each 28 day period, ending on the date on which the minimum payment is due, must equal that minimum payment.
- 6. Allocation of Payments: except for payments you target to specific BNPL Plans during the delayed payment period, any payments made under this agreement will be applied as follows:
- Any payment will first be applied in the following order:
- • any insurance premiums (including, first, any arrears);
- • any default charges (including, first, any arrears);
- • any other arrears.
- If you pay less than the minimum payment, we will then repay in the following order:
- • amounts due for transactions on the Standard Facility. If there are multiple transactions, we will apply payment to the oldest transaction first;
- • any instalments due on Extended Plans and BNPL Plans, shortest repayment duration first. If you have multiple Plans of the same repayment duration, we will apply payment to the Plan with the lowest interest rate first. If there are multiple Plans of equal repayment duration and equal interest rate, we will apply payment to the oldest Plan first;
- If you pay at least the minimum payment, we will then repay in the following order:
- • amounts due for transactions on the Standard Facility and any instalments due on Extended Plans and BNPL Plans;
- • balances for transactions on the Standard Facility. If there are multiple transactions, we will apply payment to the oldest transaction first;
- • balances for transactions on Extended Plans and BNPL Plans (in the repayment period), shortest repayment duration first. If you have multiple Plans of the same repayment duration, we will apply payments to the Plan with the highest interest rate first. If there are multiple Plans of equal repayment duration and equal interest rate, we will apply payment to the oldest Plan first;
- • BNPL Plans for which the delayed payment period ends in the current statement period. If you have more than one BNPL Plan we will apply to the oldest BNPL Plan first;
- • any new transactions excluding BNPL Plans;
- • BNPL Plans (for which the delayed payment period) continues beyond the current statement period, starting with the BNPL Plan which will become due for payment next. If you have multiple BNPL Plans due for payment on the same date we will repay the shortest duration BNPL Plan first. If there are multiple BNPL Plans of the same duration, we will apply payments to the BNPL Plan with the highest interest rate first. If there are multiple BNPL Plans of equal duration and equal interest rate, we will apply payment to the oldest BNPL Plan first.
- 7. Total amount you will have to pay: Will be provided upon successful application - assuming you draw down your full credit limit in a single transaction on the Standard Facility and repay in accordance with the Standard Facility terms.
- 8. Cost of Credit: APR 0%
- 9. Standard Interest Rate: the Standard Interest Rate applying to the Standard Facility transactions expressed on an annual percentage rate basis is 0% per annum fixed.
- The Standard Interest Rate for Extended Plans and BNPL Plans expressed on an annual percentage rate basis will be allocated upon successful account application and will be subject to account status. We may vary this interest rate in accordance with clause 14 upon giving you at least 30 days notice. Any change to this rate will only apply to new transactions once the new interest rate comes into force. Please refer to clause 14 for the reasons that might cause a variation in interest rate.
- 10. Withdrawal of Offers on Breach: if you do not keep to the terms of this agreement, it may affect the availability of offers to you including Extended Plans and BNPL Plans.
- 11. Charges and Fees: charges and fees are payable by you in respect of the following matters:.
- • If you make a payment via PayPoint or the Post Office – £1
- • You fail to make at least the minimum payment by the payment due date - £12
- • For any letters, telephone calls or other debt collection activity we undertake - £12
- • Any cheque, direct debit or other item for payment into your account that is unpaid or dishonoured - £15
- • Any reasonable court fees & costs incurred by us in pursuit of arrears.
- We reserve the right to vary these charges and fees and introduce new charges and fees at any time in accordance with clause 14.
- 12. Missing payments could have severe consequences, such as court proceedings being taken and judgement being enforced against you. It may make obtaining credit more difficult. We may also transfer your account to a debt collection agency.
Further Terms and Conditions
- 13. Consumer Credit Act Rights: under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 you have the right to withdraw from this agreement without giving any reason. This right of withdrawal ends on the expiry of 14 calendar days beginning with the day after the agreement is concluded. You must notify us of your intention to withdraw from this agreement, in writing or orally, and can do so by contacting us on; telephone number 0800 092 3444, email firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to Shop Direct Finance Company Limited, Customer Support Team, Sandringham House, Sandringham Avenue, Chelmsford, CM92 1LE. If you intend to withdraw you must repay any credit and any accrued interest without delay and no later than 30 calendar days after giving the notice to withdraw. Upon request we can advise you of the amount of interest you will be charged per day. You must still pay for any goods you have bought under this agreement unless you have a separate right to return them, such as under an approval guarantee or distance selling regulations. You should not use any goods you have purchased using credit under this agreement if you plan to return them and you should keep them safe. You can make payment by contacting us as detailed above or you can go online.
- Under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 you have the right to sue the supplier, us or both if you have received unsatisfactory goods or services paid for under this agreement costing more than £100 and less than £30,000.
- You have the right to pay the balance of this Credit Agreement in full or in part under Section 94 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. If you wish to do this you must give notice to us before payment is made by contacting us as detailed above.
- 14. Our Rights to Vary and Suspend: we reserve the right to vary the terms of this agreement at any time to reflect:
- • changes in applicable laws or regulation;
- • changes to our systems;
- • changes in market conditions affecting our business;
- • new developments in products, technology or other changes in lending practices;
- • additional, enhanced or revised product features;
- • new promotional offers;
- • changes in your personal circumstances;
- • changes which in our view affect your credit status.
- We will give you at least 30 days written notice of the variation where any such change is not to your benefit. You may end this agreement by giving us notice and paying us the full outstanding balance before that change takes effect.
- We may vary the credit limit from time to time, but you can tell us if you do not want your credit limit to increase. You can also ask us at any time to consider increasing your credit limit, or tell us that you would like a lower credit limit. You can also instruct us not to increase your credit limit in the future. We will notify you of any changes to your credit limit.
- We may at any time restrict or suspend the availability of credit to you, but would usually only do so if we believe that you may not repay the balance, suspect fraudulent use of the account or believe any event described in clause 15 has occurred or is likely to occur. You must not exceed your credit limit, and if you do you must repay the excess to us on demand. We will notify you if we suspend your account.
- 15. Termination and Repayment: either you or us may terminate this agreement. If you terminate the agreement you must give at least 7 days written notice by contacting us at the address specified in clause 13 and you must immediately pay the full outstanding balance to us. If we terminate the agreement we will give you at least 2 months notice unless an event mentioned below in this clause has occurred. You must repay the full outstanding balance to us on demand subject to us giving you any statutory notice. The outstanding balance for all purposes of this agreement will include all sums due on the account (current balance) together with all amounts due for payment on your account at any time in the future, less any rebate to which you may legally be entitled.
- We may demand immediate repayment of the full outstanding balance and/or terminate the agreement and/or suspend your right to use the account if:
- • you fail to pay the minimum payment by the due date;
- • you exceed your credit limit;
- • you become bankrupt, enter into a voluntary arrangement or make proposals for reduced payments;
- • you have provided any false or misleading information on which we have relied;
- • you breach any of the terms of this agreement in a way which we reasonably believe to be material;
- • we believe the account is being used fraudulently or for an illegal purpose.
- 16. Transfer of Rights and Set Off: we may transfer any or all of our rights, duties and obligations under this agreement or arrange for any other person to carry them out on our behalf without your consent and/or without giving prior notice to you. Any such transfer will not affect your rights under this agreement or any other legal rights you may have, such as under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. You may not transfer your rights, duties or obligations under this agreement.
- If you have failed to pay us any amount you owe under this agreement, we may use any money we owe you (whether under or in relation to this agreement, or in any other way) to reduce or repay the amount you owe us. This is called a right of “set off”. We can use our set off right without telling you in advance.
- 17. Communicating with You: we may put your statement and any other notices that we wish to send to you, or are required by law to send to you, such as notice of sums in arrears and notice of default sums, in the Transaction History of My Account on our website (or such other secure electronic location as we may notify to you). We will send you an e-mail to let you know when we do this. You agree that you consent to receive statements and notices in this way. Statements and notices will remain in My Account for up to 12 months after posting. We would therefore recommend that you print off or save a copy and keep it secure.
- All communications in relation to this agreement will be in English.
- You must notify us in writing of any change of your address within seven days of such change.
- 18. General:
- a) Laws: this agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales, which we also take as applying prior to the making of this agreement.
- b) Forbearance: if we temporarily relax any terms of this agreement e.g. allowing you more time to pay, we may strictly enforce those terms again at any time.
- c) Unenforceability of Term: if any term of this agreement is unenforceable for any reason, it shall not affect the enforceability of any other term of this agreement.
- d) Regulator: the regulatory authority for consumer credit agreements is the Financial Conduct Authority, 12 Endeavour Square, London, E20 1JN.
- e) Interpretation: reference in this agreement to “you” and “your” are to the Customer named on the agreement. References to “us” and “we” are to Shop Direct Finance Company Limited and include any other party to whom our rights and/or liabilities under this agreement may be transferred.
- f) Intermediary: Shop Direct Home Shopping Limited, 1st Floor, Skyways House, Speke Road, Speke, Liverpool, L70 1AB.
- g) Costs and Taxes: we are required to inform you that there is a possibility that other taxes or costs may exist during the currency of this agreement that are not paid via us or charged by us under this agreement.
- 19. If You have a Complaint: if you are not satisfied with any aspect of this agreement then write to: Shop Direct Finance Company Limited, Customer Excellence, Sandringham House, Sandringham Avenue, Chelmsford, CM92 1LQ. If you have complained to us and we have been unable to resolve your complaint you may then refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR. Telephone 0800 023 4567 or 0300 123 9123. www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk. You can view a copy of our Complaints Procedure on the website. Following our complaints procedure does not affect your right to take legal action.